COLOUR / GLASS RANGE / CARE
Choose the right product.
Consider your environment and site conditions, especially if your home is coastal. Your site location will determine the performance requirements of your surface finish.
It is important that you choose the right product for the right application to ensure the life of your surface finish, and in some cases that your windows and doors are covered under their warranty.
DURALLOY is designed for:
- Residential developments
- Buildings up to three levels above ground
- Properties greater than 100 metres from high tide level
Offers a 10 year film and colour integrity warranty
DURATEC is designed for:
- High end residential and commercial developments
- Major architectural developments
- Properties greater than 10 metres from high tide level
Offers a 20 year durability warranty for integrity
Choose the right colour.
There are a number of options to choose from. A good place to start is our popular colour range of 35 colours. If you want a colour that is not in the popular range, consult with us. Please note these colours will carry a price premium.
- When you make your final colour selection, use an aluminium colour swatch and assess it in natural light.
- When judging colour consistency and integrity of the finished product, the accepted industry standard is inspection from a distance of two metres
- Consider the environmental and site conditions of your property and ensure that the product you choose is fit for purpose
Anodising is a durable and colour fast technology that offers an alternative to powdercoating
- Vantage offers a matt ‘frost’ finish as standard
- When judging colour consistency and integrity of the anodised finish, the accepted industry standard is inspection from a distance of two metres. Some variability of colour can occur and is part of the anodising process. Visible lines in the aluminium on anodised windows and doors are common
- Anodised finishes change according to the angle at which they are viewed
MANNEX ENTRANCE DOOR COLOURS
Our low sheen entrance door surface finish is developed specifically to endure the knocks and scuffs typical in high traffic entranceways.
The Mannex powdercoat finish has a slightly different look to the powdercoating on your aluminium joinery. Contact us to see a sample of the finish.
All of our doors are available in dual colour, with the exception of the Slimline Plasma and Aquila. This means you can match the look of your internal and external colour schemes, rather than having to pick one look for both sides of your door.
Dark colours may not be suitable for doors that are exposed to prolonged direct sunlight as this may cause the colour to fade, so careful consideration needs to be made when choosing your entrance door colour/s.
Argon creates an additional barrier to heat loss and heat absorption, achieving good thermal performance gains.
An additional option to consider is a thermal spacer in your double glazing which prevents the transfer of hot and cold temperatures between the two pieces of glass.
For superior thermal performance combine high performance glass options with ThermalHEART Technology.
Care & Maintenance
- After house construction is completed make sure any builder’s debris or dust is cleaned from the inside of sills to ensure drainage holes are not blocked. This is especially important for doorways that may have been in regular use during construction
- Cleaning once every three months is recommended for windows and doors. In coastal or industrial environments more frequent washing will be required
- We recommend cleaning with a soft brush with warm water and some mild household detergent. Rinse with fresh water
- Do not use abrasive steel wool, scrapers, scouring liquids or aggressive solvents or thinners. These are likely to damage the surface finish
- The cleaning cycle should include the removal of build-up in door tracks to ensure the maintenance of drainage paths.
Powdercoated hardware should be cleaned regularly with a wet sponge or soft brush, warm water and a mild detergent and rinsed with fresh water. Plated product should be cleaned with a wet sponge without the use of detergent, as it can damage plating.
Stainless steel hardware needs to be cleaned regularly and care needs to be taken when rust spots occur. Even the highest grades of stainless steel can develop rust spots and these can be removed with a mildly abrasive cleaner and rinsed with fresh water. In cases of heavy corrosion a Scotch-Brite™ hand pad can be used. Specialised 3M® Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish is also available as an alternative cleaning compound.
Care is needed to ensure that scratching does not occur. Only detergents and cleaning solutions which are recommended for glass should be used. Begin cleaning by soaking the glass to loosen dirt. Then using a mild, non-abrasive solution, uniformly apply to the glass surfaces. Ensure that the solution is removed by rinsing with water as cleaning residue can permanently mark glass.
- Include a thermal break to reduce condensation and retain interior heat
- Available in dual colours to match the interior and roof colours
- Manual or electric opening options
- Fixed option also available.